Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting for daddy

Its so hard. We have our life to live and I feel like someone has come in and shaken it all up. And it's not just once but again and again.

We thought it would be a matter of putting the leg back together with a plate. Waiting for the swelling to go down. Keeping infection away. Healing the wound. Now a skin graft. Then maybe a plate.
The days we plan to drive to Auckland to see Dave change moment by moment. Operations get planed then change.
Dave was aloud out of hospital for a few nights and we planed to spend the weekend with him. So we missed out as now he's back in and locked into visiting hours which are hard for children and me too...living 2 hours drive away.

Yesterday dd said lets do homeschool.. We sat down and did a little reading then both our brains grew tired.

I've started again he documentaries in the morning as these might spark interest thought the day. I have not been able to get near our oak meadow books for days. Dave has the computer which has the connection to the printer...not that it matters as most of what we do is outside anyway.

I feel like I've lost my centre...I know that this too will pass...but it's hard to think and I don't like having a foggy brain.

So at the moment we wait till possibly next week Friday for Dave to have his plate put in then wait for him to recover then be aloud to come home.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm sorry to hear about the grim time your having at the moment. I was reading your blog and saw that you are using Oak Meadow curriculum. I was wondering what you thought of it? We are trying to follow a bit of a waldolf curriculum, but to be honest were only using it loosely and now are pretty much unschooling, but interested in your opinion with the oak meadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it!
      Its so close to unschooling with the oak meadow Facebook page and comemts and pinerest

      Delete
    2. Everyday I feel lucky. All I'm doing right now is reading as dd and I have no brain. Can't wait to get back to it.

      Delete