Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mummy into 1st aid training

Before being a mum I used to volunteer for civil defense. So every weekend was consumed by rescue work, knots, bush skills and first aid skills.

It's been a long time.
As we live rurally and we are often on our own I felt it was very important to re train again...10 years very rusty.

So yesterday I left for the first time the whole day the kids with Dave.
This course was a hard out normally two days squished into one.
By 11:00 I was really starting to feel the brain imploding. But I made it and feel really good to of done that.
The hardest thing was CPR on the child doll...it was dressed in little overalls just like ds...it was the same size and oh dear the horror story's.

I feel good to know that at least I can do something and at home education gatherings I can step up if need be. With hope never.

No comments:

Post a Comment