Monday, September 5, 2011

Abc

I will always hear my Mother trying to sound out 'library' when I was trying to write a story. She's a teacher my Mum...but I was not a very good student. I've only just recently worked out how to spell that word since using jolly phonics.

What a difference it makes using a system like jolly phonics. At least both the learner and the person sounding out the work know the sound and corresponding letter. No point in sounding a letter out to someone who does not know shape and sound first.
It's filled in a lot of gaps for me that's sure.

I've been reading Sandra Dodd for more inspiration...and visited the site Playful learning... I think we'll have to leave some letter things to do around...my daughter loves making books and loves craft work...so mix the two together.

Also the letter hunt is a good idea.

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment