Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Homeschooling Our Children Unschooling Ourselves

I have really enjoyed this book and it really is about Unschooling Ourselves. I felt like it was John Holt writing in many ways....but looking at his own children.
Alison (the Author) does often quote John, but her own observations as a teacher herself are really interesting too.
I feel I've understood a lot more....but wow scary too.
Trust Trust.

I suppose this is where I am at now....just learning what to do or what not to do. I worry normally...my goodness what am I going to be like if our children are not hitting the mile stones that relatives and friends think they should be hitting.

Each night I go to sleep over the last few weeks I keep saying to myself ... "Just want them to find learning a happy thing to do"

Some times I wish I could find more unschoolers who would write a bit more about their days....I know I can't be there word for word...but when your an odd one sometimes you just want to see or hear what another odd one is doing.
Its like Attachment Parenting...we are the odd ones in our community. Sigh...how did I become confident in that subject?
More reading.
I can see the affects.
Some times I just don't know....but I wouldn't want to do anything different because it just feels so right.

Well I best take myself off to bed...this first week of term 2 is pretty packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment