Friday, March 4, 2011

Quote of the Day

"How will they learn algebra in the real world?"
Is there algebra in the real world?
If not, why should it be learned?
If so, why should it be separated artificially from its actual uses?

From Sandra Dodds website

Learning in context is so important. So many times have I been thinking while talking to my child about some subject I'm explaining and it's only now nearly 35 do I see the connection to many things that I have been taught.
Fractions were terrible for me....but now cooking I can see it straight away.

In a math test for my 5th form (a very important year) I got 10 out of 135 right...probably for getting my name on the paper....haha. And then I work at a job which has soooo much math in it Landscape Design....and it all seems so simple and logical oh an enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment