Thursday, March 10, 2011

Andrew Crowe....Writes great books!

I brought my first Andrew Crow book when I was about 18 Which Native tree its changed a little since then but I have always had it with in easy reach on my book shelf.
I've added to it over the years and got A Field Guide to the Native Edible Plants of New Zealand with the dream that Dave and I would be able to use it while tramping....we have not yet so far but came close to needing it while stuck on Stewart Island waiting a few extra days for our plane to land on a storm ravaged beach.

While walking our local caves park Dave found some berries on a tree and was telling our children to be very careful about the possibility of being poisonous...it just so happens they were ok to eat ...but well we have to be aware.

I have just ordered this book and have seen it just today at playcentre. Both our kids love bugs and creepy crawly things I think this book will be great.
My son was introduced to a Huhu bug...he then raced around saying huhu... hu you...you hoo.
We also have many weta around and my daughter is always first to say can she have a hold.


this is a weta

I also have right in my hand now The life-size guide to nz wildflowers...which is amazing too... sadly I can not buy this as its not in print and this copy is from the library....we've used this book everyday since we've got it out and I loath to take it back.

These are great books Thanks Andrew and they are a part of our school bag

1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of his books - now I want more! Thank you again - this looks great :)

    ReplyDelete